Full Frontal Lobotomy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Full Frontal Lobotomy
Full Frontal Lobotomy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Margaret Thatcher has died

+6
Mama kaz
Cheyanne
Admin
Bella
vills
Ali
10 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Margaret Thatcher has died - Page 2 Empty Re: Margaret Thatcher has died

Post by Ali Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:43 am

Dimples wrote:
Ali wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Ali wrote:She still evokes very strong feelings even to this day.

There's no need for anyone to say they liked or admired her if they didn't and heaven knows, she gave enough people many valid reasons to do neither but the response to her death in some quarters has been extremely unedifying, to say the least and probably has done nothing to improve Britain's standing in the eyes of the world.

I'm kind of hoping that if people get this out of their systems now, hopefully on the day of her funeral, they will all just shut up and not cause additional distress to her family on what will undoubtedly be the most difficult day for them.

I think the least any human being deserves is for their funeral not to be turned into a political circus or a riot by a bunch of idiots.

I think there is going to need to be a very heavy police presence on the day of her funeral simply to keep the protesters from throwing unsavoury things at her funeral cortege. I couldn't stand the woman but I do know that she had family who loved her and for them I hope you are right about these people getting it out of their systems. Seeing what's been going on must be very difficult for them tbh.

To be fair though, I'm pretty peeved that the taxpayer is going to be paying for this funeral, she lived in the Ritz and I'm pretty sure the family could afford to stump up the costs of the funeral bill (security aside).

The cost of the funeral service itself will come out of her estate but costs of the additional security have to be met by public funds, as it is the public who make additional security measures necessary. In terms of any additional costs of a funeral on such a grand scale in such a grand venue... well, I don't have a problem with that. She was a huge political figure of the 20th century and there's not much getting away from that, I'm afraid. I think it would be an odd response for her funeral to be a private affair with no involvement from her political contemporaries and successors and representatives from overseas. Whatever many in this country thought of her, she was well regarded by many in other countries.

I reckon though, that there will probably never be a funeral for a former PM on this sort of scale in the future. This will probably be the last.

Have they announced that because I was under the impression the whole lot was to be paid for by the public purse.
Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ali Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:09 am

Well I hope so because I think it would be damn wrong for this woman to have a funeral paid for by the taxpayer when everyone else has fork out for a funeral for their loved ones.
Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:11 am

Dimples wrote:
Ali wrote:
Dimples wrote:

The cost of the funeral service itself will come out of her estate but costs of the additional security have to be met by public funds, as it is the public who make additional security measures necessary. In terms of any additional costs of a funeral on such a grand scale in such a grand venue... well, I don't have a problem with that. She was a huge political figure of the 20th century and there's not much getting away from that, I'm afraid. I think it would be an odd response for her funeral to be a private affair with no involvement from her political contemporaries and successors and representatives from overseas. Whatever many in this country thought of her, she was well regarded by many in other countries.

I reckon though, that there will probably never be a funeral for a former PM on this sort of scale in the future. This will probably be the last.

Have they announced that because I was under the impression the whole lot was to be paid for by the public purse.

I've read on a couple of sites and heard on the radio that the costs would be split between her estate and the public purse but the proportions have understandably not been divulged.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22077919

Just read your BBC Link, not to sure about the bit where it states she will be laid to rest in the Royal Hospital Chelsea Cemetery.

Cant see that it will be a good idea considering the very strong feelings against her by some factions.

difficult. (Rather reminiscent of Jimmy Saviles Grave Stone episode).
Snookerballs
Snookerballs

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:30 am

Dimples wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:
Dimples wrote:

I've read on a couple of sites and heard on the radio that the costs would be split between her estate and the public purse but the proportions have understandably not been divulged.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22077919

Just read your BBC Link, not to sure about the bit where it states she will be laid to rest in the Royal Hospital Chelsea Cemetery.

Cant see that it will be a good idea considering the very strong feelings against her by some factions.

I scarcely think there's any comparison between her and Jimmy Savile. I know your comparison is not between them as people, but more how they were negatively perceived by many people though.

I think his was a hideous garish memorial - not unlike himself - and I believe it was right that it was removed but it would never have been right for it to be desecrated either, had it been left in situ.

There is never any valid reason for defiling a grave or a headstone.

I agree about defiling of a grave , but I think there are going to be people that feel justified in doing it, only time will tell.
Snookerballs
Snookerballs

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:32 am

Reliantrobin wrote:At a Bristol party to celebrate her passing 6 cops were injured but no charges were pressed. Good sports. thumbsup

We could Expect trouble over the weekend Countrywide with more parties.

http://325.nostate.net/?p=7537
Snookerballs
Snookerballs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:24 am

Syl wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:

I scarcely think there's any comparison between her and Jimmy Savile. I know your comparison is not between them as people, but more how they were negatively perceived by many people though.

I think his was a hideous garish memorial - not unlike himself - and I believe it was right that it was removed but it would never have been right for it to be desecrated either, had it been left in situ.

There is never any valid reason for defiling a grave or a headstone.

I agree about defiling of a grave , but I think there are going to be people that feel justified in doing it, only time will tell.

I think they are called nutters.
No matter how little respect anyone has deserved in life they should be left alone in death....if not for them then for the families they leave behind.
I bet Hitlers mum felt bad.
Anyway all this family stuff ... her son Mark is a terrorist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:33 am

Ten millin quid security for her fenereal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:37 am

Dimples wrote:
jackb wrote:Ten millin quid security for her fenereal.

Have you been on the sauce this evening, Jack? roflmao
They just said it on the news!
I think her son might need a fair bit of that security after his terrorist activities a few years ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:44 am

Mark Thatcher terrorsist.

All for greed.

Thatcher attracted headlines for his early youthful playboy lifestyle, involvement in motorsports, business associations, and for [i]the role he played in an attempted coup in Equatorial Guinea
, for which he was fined R3,000,000 rand (approximately £313,000 or $500,000) and received a four-year suspended jail sentence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Thatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:56 am

Margaret Thatcher has died - Page 2 Article-2305760-192ECD15000005DC-856_636x358

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:59 am

Dimples wrote:
jackb wrote:
Dimples wrote:
jackb wrote:Ten millin quid security for her fenereal.

Have you been on the sauce this evening, Jack? roflmao
They just said it on the news!
I think her son might need a fair bit of that security after his terrorist activities a few years ago.

I meant your atrocious spelling/typing!!! Smile
Well I have had a few beers butr I don't need them for that!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:59 am

philagain wrote:Margaret Thatcher has died - Page 2 Article-2305760-192ECD15000005DC-856_636x358
They weren't even alive then!!!
They aint entitled to hate that family!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next