Full Frontal Lobotomy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Full Frontal Lobotomy
Full Frontal Lobotomy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK Supermarkets to ration tins of baby milk powder

+2
Snookerballs
Ali
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

UK Supermarkets to ration tins of baby milk powder Empty UK Supermarkets to ration tins of baby milk powder

Post by Ali Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:13 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22066243

Retailers in the UK are rationing sales of powdered baby milk because of a surge in demand in China.

Danone, the manufacturer of Aptamil and Cow and Gate baby milk powder, said most supermarkets were introducing a restriction of two cans per customer.

It said the limit was to prevent some individuals from bulk-buying baby milk for "unofficial exports".

Retailers were also capping sales of Nestle's SMA milk, despite the company saying there were no stock shortages.

Danone said in a statement: "We understand that the increased demand is being fuelled by unofficial exports to China to satisfy the needs of parents who want Western brands for their babies."

Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

UK Supermarkets to ration tins of baby milk powder Empty Re: UK Supermarkets to ration tins of baby milk powder

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:27 pm

Cant blame the Chinese for wanting foreign baby milk. A local brand had some horrible poisonous additive in it which killed a fair few babies.. Similar to the crap they put in some pet foods sold for export which killed quite a few pets in the US. I think it was Purina...
I often wonder what is in these packets of cheap made in China noodles..

Back to top Go down

UK Supermarkets to ration tins of baby milk powder Empty Re: UK Supermarkets to ration tins of baby milk powder

Post by Ali Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:34 pm

Don't they have any kind of Food Safety Standards over there. If they do, it isn't being adhered to as far as i can see.
Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:04 pm

Ali wrote:Don't they have any kind of Food Safety Standards over there. If they do, it isn't being adhered to as far as i can see.

China is the main manufacturer/ exporter of Counterfeit Goods.
Snookerballs
Snookerballs

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ali Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:23 pm

Callan wrote:Going to get a bit tricky for mums of twins or triplets.... Crying

Or even quads. Guess they are going to have to trawl to several supermarkets to get their quota.
Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:29 pm

Callan wrote:They pay UK tax at the tills so why can't they buy and mail? Not like the UK loses any money. Stupidity knows no bounds.

What I got from the article is that is partly what they are doing which could lead to a shortage of stocks for everyone else.
Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:34 pm

Callan wrote:They pay UK tax at the tills so why can't they buy and mail? Not like the UK loses any money. Stupidity knows no bounds.
They had to do it in Australia also. Isn't about money, but supply and demand, the Chinese were clearing the shelves and there was simply no formula left for the local consumers. At some point manufacturers in the UK and Oz will cater to their unexpected and vast Chinese market, but they will need to prepare to supply a few hundred million people. but what happens if the market dries up just as suddenly?? is it worth the investment??

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:48 pm

I'd be a bit inclined to just tell them to breastfeed their babies in China as they would have done before it became so whatever it is now.
Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:51 pm

Ali wrote:I'd be a bit inclined to just tell them to breastfeed their babies in China as they would have done before it became so whatever it is now.
After 200,000 years or so you'd have thought we'd got the hang of it by now. Dunno

Admin
Admin

https://fullfrontallabotomy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:07 pm

Dimples wrote:
Ali wrote:I'd be a bit inclined to just tell them to breastfeed their babies in China as they would have done before it became so whatever it is now.

We could say the same about here, I suppose. If there ends up being a shortage of formula and the price goes up accordingly, some people will have to consider it when they may not have previously.

Oh, that would go down very well over here I reckon Shocked
Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:09 pm

Callan wrote:
Ali wrote:Don't they have any kind of Food Safety Standards over there. If they do, it isn't being adhered to as far as i can see.

They eat dog and cat so what do you think?

That's not really a food safety issue though, it's more of a cultural thing.
Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:18 pm

Dimples wrote:
Ali wrote:
Dimples wrote:

We could say the same about here, I suppose. If there ends up being a shortage of formula and the price goes up accordingly, some people will have to consider it when they may not have previously.

Oh, that would go down very well over here I reckon Shocked

Yes, but if it's good enough to say to women in China, it applies here too. There will always be women who cannot successfully breastfeed but many don't even try.

I don't disagree, I'm a firm believer that breast is best for the baby, breastmilk is designed to nourish a baby. I remember a woman whose partner was avidly against her breastfeeding but one night she was having a little skin to skin and the baby latched on and started feeding by itself. She let the babe carry on and they both seemed very happy but the next day she had the babe back on the bottle because her fella had a little rant over it.

I felt that was such a shame because it wasn't that she didn't want it that she didn't breastfeed. Such is the pressure that can be put on women Mad
Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:19 pm

Dimples wrote:
Henry wrote:
After 200,000 years or so you'd have thought we'd got the hang of it by now. Dunno

.... and have you? Very Happy

I can truthfully say that I have never had a breastfeeding problem. Dunno

Admin
Admin

https://fullfrontallabotomy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next