Full Frontal Lobotomy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Full Frontal Lobotomy
Full Frontal Lobotomy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cyber World

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Cyber World Empty Re: Cyber World

Post by Guest Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:04 am

Imagine doing it using morse code!
People apparently did.

Last edited by jackb on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Mama kaz Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:05 am

Weirdly it was one of the first things I ever did, L my best friend at the time 'chatted' on 1 to 1 and introduced me to it. I still talk to one or two from there now!

I think because it's always been part of what I did even prior to meeting hubs he gets it, same as his gaming for him.

For me I rarely get out properly for various reasons so it's a way of keeping the world within my grasp
Mama kaz
Mama kaz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:05 am

But ... better than the telly.
I've never really been into telly.
This is highly addictive because we're all in a soap of our own making with no script.
Very interactive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:09 am

Syl wrote:
Cheyanne wrote:
Mama kaz wrote:Weirdly it was one of the first things I ever did, L my best friend at the time 'chatted' on 1 to 1 and introduced me to it. I still talk to one or two from there now!

I think because it's always been part of what I did even prior to meeting hubs he gets it, same as his gaming for him.

For me I rarely get out properly for various reasons so it's a way of keeping the world within my grasp

My hubby doesn't have a clue about forums, although funny enough we did get the pc for him in the first place for gaming with mates, but then he moved on to the xbox and I kind of took over here. lol

Same here Che, my OH decided to buy a laptop for Christmas 5 years ago....I said I would never use it, I didn't see the point.
He has hardly ever logged on, I prefer it to TV and even reading...now I see cyber world as an addition to my RL.
It's very addictive. Shocked

It's imperative that all people learn how to use the internet...My OH had no interest in it at all but the cheapest fuel tariffs are dual fuel and only available on line...So i bought him his first laptop and now he's quite competent on it Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:21 am

Syl wrote:The internet is great for saving shoe leather....comparison sites and ebay, banking and browsing...all brilliantly trouble free.
I use the internet for posting on forums more than for anything else though, it's my 'hobby'. Very Happy

....You can get anything from Amazon..People wonder why the high streets have gone dead!.. Dunno ..What should the rich and powerful do with all of these empty premises as it would seem that things aren't going to get any better any time soon Dunno

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:57 am

Syl wrote:
philagain wrote:
Syl wrote:The internet is great for saving shoe leather....comparison sites and ebay, banking and browsing...all brilliantly trouble free.
I use the internet for posting on forums more than for anything else though, it's my 'hobby'. Very Happy

....You can get anything from Amazon..People wonder why the high streets have gone dead!.. Dunno ..What should the rich and powerful do with all of these empty premises as it would seem that things aren't going to get any better any time soon Dunno

In this area they are getting worse Phil. The high street has more charity shops now than privately owned businesses. And the pub trade is almost finished in some areas.
Sad to see once lively towns neglected in the daytime and deserted in the evenings..

We've had 3 new charity shops go into empty premesis in the past few weeks bringing the total up to 8 in our small town. I'm wondering if they are trying to tell us something Shocked
Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:30 am

Syl wrote:
philagain wrote:

In this area they are getting worse Phil. The high street has more charity shops now than privately owned businesses. And the pub trade is almost finished in some areas.
Sad to see once lively towns neglected in the daytime and deserted in the evenings..

All the pubs around here have closed including the only gay bar in this borough which had been going strong since the 60's. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:34 am

.......We only moved to this part of town to be closer to that pub as a matter of fact.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:37 am

Syl wrote:The only gay (bar) in the village. Very Happy

Phil, in Manchester the place that is constantly buzzing with life is the gay village, they play the best music and their bars definately have a briliant atmosphere.
Not sure if they are feeling the recession but that area is certainly livlier than the other places in town.

It was!

We have a couple in the Greenwich borough next door to us and in London there are loads that are still thriving! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:47 am

Syl wrote:Well thats good, in the gay area in Manchester everyone is welcome, but it's a great place to feel safe if you are gay. Do you feel comfy going to the straight bars and clubs Phil?
Tbh I never see or hear any homophobic behaviour around here, maybe smaller towns are different though not sure.

Canal Street is well known to the gay community in this country and they filmed the gay TV series QAF there Very Happy

Yeah we go to straight bars as well when i see my brothers in the North East..These days we feel perfectly safe but the same couldn't be said if it was just the two of us a few years back!

You are right of course it is indeed the smaller towns outside of the capital cities that experience the most problems with regards to homophobia etc imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:05 am

Syl wrote:I remeber QAF...it was an eye opener.....for me anyway. Smile

Yep....times have certainly changed Phil, it's sad to think that a few short years ago times were much harder for many.

roflmao ....It was a bit shocking at the time!...The US version ran for longer and was even more graphic than that!

Times are better now...When i first came out at 19 and i was living at home my mum had a cleaner and she left because she thought that she might catch AIDS from cleaning the toilet (she found a gay news paper when cleaning my room)...I remember answering the door to her when she came around to tell my mum..I told her that i didn't have HIV and hadn't even slept with anyone yet! study

It was a very embarrassing experience that still haunts me to this day Ooerrr

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:17 am

Syl wrote:I imagine having a negative experience like that when young could cause problems for a long time...stupid woman....pity your Mum didn't have chance to sack her. Twisted Evil

It's lucky that i had already come out to my mother a couple of weeks before..Imagine if she had found out from that stupid woman rather than it coming direct from me No

My mum told her where to get off in no uncertain terms stap foot Giggle

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:28 am

philagain wrote:
Syl wrote:I imagine having a negative experience like that when young could cause problems for a long time...stupid woman....pity your Mum didn't have chance to sack her. Twisted Evil

It's lucky that i had already come out to my mother a couple of weeks before..Imagine if she had found out from that stupid woman rather than it coming direct from me No

My mum told her where to get off in no uncertain terms stap foot Giggle

Good on your mum Phil.
Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:38 am

Syl wrote:I suppose it depends on the parent as to when the child feels comfortable coming out. My mates son never had to, it was just sort of accepted and when he brought his first partner home it was just normal for everyone...in an ideal world that should be the way it is for everyone.
Can I ask was your Mum and Dad accepting straight away Phil?

I would not have cared if our son had been gay, I think my OH would have struggled a bit tbh.

TBH...My father was more accepting than my mother at the start...My mum just said to me that it was just a phase that i would get over..she was loving and supportive but used to get really upset when i used to stay out all night on occasion and i was never allowed to bring a partner back until i met my present partner and we'd been together for a number of years before we were ever allowed to share a bed together under her roof....But she mellowed out over time and saw Doug as just another son in the end!

....When my father found out i used to meet him for lunch because our offices were within five minutes of each other...He just said mum says that you have something to tell me....I told him in the bar at his offices and i remember him pointing out one of his work colleagues and saying he's gay and a great laugh! Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next