Full Frontal Lobotomy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Full Frontal Lobotomy
Full Frontal Lobotomy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ding Dong The Witch is Dead.

+11
Gabby
Dean
Ali
Ravy
Mama kaz
Dimples
Snookerballs
Syl
vills
Admin
Melfi
15 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Ding Dong The Witch is Dead. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ding Dong The Witch is Dead.

Post by Gabby Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:25 am

Ali wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:George Osbourne was reduced to tears !!!!!!!! Sad

Ding Dong The Witch is Dead. - Page 8 O-GEORGE-OSBORNE-CRYING-570

Samantha Cameron is smiling Shocked

She looks a snidy f ooker! Dunno

Soz 'enri! Laughing

Gabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:27 am

Gabby wrote:
NAA wrote:
Dimples wrote:It's quiet in here. Are you all glued to the television watching the funeral? Wink
I was watching the horse drawn gun carriage bit, was fascinated by the horse that wanted to turn around.. Laughing I am usually caught up in ceremony and cry buckets, it just isn't happening with this one though.

Yes, what was with that horse at the back?... he was constantly nibbling at the one next to him, or so it looked like? lol...... I bet them riders sat on each pair were holding their breath all went ok?..... and them fellas carrying the coffin up the steps of St Pauls were sweating buckets!!!!!..... scared shitless of dropping her probably? lol

They said on TV that there was a problem when the carriage reached Ludgate Hill, something was thrown at the Horses to spook them, from then on it appeared the horses were jittery because of the flowers thrown in the road.
Snookerballs
Snookerballs

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabby Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:30 am

Snookerballs wrote:
Gabby wrote:
NAA wrote:
I was watching the horse drawn gun carriage bit, was fascinated by the horse that wanted to turn around.. Laughing I am usually caught up in ceremony and cry buckets, it just isn't happening with this one though.

Yes, what was with that horse at the back?... he was constantly nibbling at the one next to him, or so it looked like? lol...... I bet them riders sat on each pair were holding their breath all went ok?..... and them fellas carrying the coffin up the steps of St Pauls were sweating buckets!!!!!..... scared shitless of dropping her probably? lol

They said on TV that there was a problem when the carriage reached Ludgate Hill, something was thrown at the Horses to spook them, from then on it appeared the horses were jittery because of the flowers thrown in the road.

Yes, but this particular horse was like it from setting off, lol

Gabby

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Gabby Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:46 am

Dimples wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:

In some of the preamble before the procession, David Dimbleby spoke about the horses. Apparently, they are trained to draw gun carriages for displays but when they do that they are cantering at quite a fast pace, which is what they are accustomed to. For this, they had to be trained to walk at the specified pace of the procession, which I think he said was 70 paces a minute.

I suppose then the horses were probably just wondering when they were going to be allowed to let rip and pick up the pace. Maybe they were just a bit puzzled by the whole event and were looking around for some sort of signal or indication about breaking into a faster stride.

They looked amateurs on the job tbh, lol........... more suited to a Donkey Derby perhaps! Laughing ........ beautiful conditon they all looked love

Gabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:48 am

Gabby wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:

In some of the preamble before the procession, David Dimbleby spoke about the horses. Apparently, they are trained to draw gun carriages for displays but when they do that they are cantering at quite a fast pace, which is what they are accustomed to. For this, they had to be trained to walk at the specified pace of the procession, which I think he said was 70 paces a minute.

I suppose then the horses were probably just wondering when they were going to be allowed to let rip and pick up the pace. Maybe they were just a bit puzzled by the whole event and were looking around for some sort of signal or indication about breaking into a faster stride.

They looked amateurs on the job tbh, lol........... more suited to a Donkey Derby perhaps! Laughing ........ beautiful conditon they all looked love

They will have had hours spent on them to get them looking like that.
Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:49 am

Hundreds of protesters turned their back on Margaret Thatcher's funeral procession on Wednesday during a highly charged but peaceful demonstration.

People gathered at Ludgate Circus near the end of the route, where organisers had called for a silent protest against Thatcher and her policies.

(The Guardian)

Admin
Admin

https://fullfrontallabotomy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:18 am

Dimples wrote:
Henry wrote:Hundreds of protesters turned their back on Margaret Thatcher's funeral procession on Wednesday during a highly charged but peaceful demonstration.

People gathered at Ludgate Circus near the end of the route, where organisers had called for a silent protest against Thatcher and her policies.

(The Guardian)

Dozens, not hundreds as far as I can tell. The ones wearing the false noses looked particularly stupid.
Dozens of protesters are hundreds to the media. Just as thousands of protesters are hundreds to the police.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:23 am

Dimples wrote:
Henry wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Henry wrote:Hundreds of protesters turned their back on Margaret Thatcher's funeral procession on Wednesday during a highly charged but peaceful demonstration.

(The Guardian)

Dozens, not hundreds as far as I can tell. The ones wearing the false noses looked particularly stupid.
Dozens of protesters are hundreds to the media. Just as thousands of protesters are hundreds to the police.

So, NOT hundreds then. Very Happy

Not according to you, and you were there apparently. Laughing

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:50 am

Dimples wrote:
Henry wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Henry wrote:

So, NOT hundreds then. Very Happy

Not according to you, and you were there apparently. Laughing

No, I wasn't there but I read a report which is apparently at odds with the one you read... and as you say, maybe the media are exaggerating. From what I saw on TV, the protests were very low-key and barely visible or audible. If there had truly been hundreds, I think it would have been hard not to see or hear them.

So you know no more than me then. Fine.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:52 am

Around 300 demonstrators gathered at Ludgate Circus, at the intersection of Fleet Street and Farringdon Street, to show their opposition to Lady Thatcher's policies and the cost of her funeral.

(The Telegraph)

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:05 am

"There was absolutely no objective in this protest at whatsoever."

The purpose was to poison the well, which the protests succeeding in doing. Politics, Dimps, politics.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:07 am

I think there would have been justification to protest at the cost, after all, we are supposed to be skint.
Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:11 am

About 2,000 people have gathered in Goldthorpe for the anti-Thatcher protest. The crowd seems to be good natured.

(BBC)

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:33 am

Gabby wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Gabby wrote:

These horses wouldn't be spooked by flowers being thrown at them, or bottles or tin can or stones or etc...
But they would have needed more than a week to be trained to walk slowly pulling the gun carriage. Seems the decision to hold this ceremonial funeral was a surprise to more than just the general public...

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:40 am

NAA wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Gabby wrote:

These horses wouldn't be spooked by flowers being thrown at them, or bottles or tin can or stones or etc...
But they would have needed more than a week to be trained to walk slowly pulling the gun carriage. Seems the decision to hold this ceremonial funeral was a surprise to more than just the general public...

I'm surprised, surely there must be horses around who are used to pulling carriages at slow speed, they seemed to manage ok with Diana's funeral if I recall correctly.
Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:48 am

Ali wrote:
NAA wrote:
Gabby wrote:

I'm surprised, surely there must be horses around who are used to pulling carriages at slow speed, they seemed to manage ok with Diana's funeral if I recall correctly.
This will have been Team 'B' or even team 'C' these guys are in training and almost there, just need experience. With the Queen and Prince Philip getting on in years, the 'A' team will be in perfect form, and not being put at risk of being injured. Her Mags has probably even chosen them herself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabby Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:55 am

Ali wrote:
NAA wrote:
Gabby wrote:

Thatcher wasn't royalty!

Gabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:00 am

Gabby wrote:
Ali wrote:
NAA wrote:

Thatcher wasn't royalty!
Exactly, even if Cameron was attempting to make it seem she was, so she would not have been given the team of horses that will be used if the Queen dies.... Especially with such a high risk of violence at Thatchers funeral, they would just not have risked it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next