Full Frontal Lobotomy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Full Frontal Lobotomy
Full Frontal Lobotomy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Veterinary drug found in corned Beef

4 posters

Go down

Veterinary drug found in corned Beef Empty Veterinary drug found in corned Beef

Post by Ali Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:52 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22087123

Asda is recalling all corned beef from its budget range after traces of the veterinary drug phenylbutazone were found in some batches.

The Food Standards Agency said "very low levels" had been detected in the Asda Smart Price Corned Beef product.

The painkilling medicine often used on horses is commonly known as "bute".

Customers who have bought the 340g tins with any date code have been urged not to eat the corned beef and to return it to the supermarket.

The Food Standards Agency (FSA) said it was the first time bute had been found in a meat product since the horsemeat scandal started.

Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Veterinary drug found in corned Beef Empty Re: Veterinary drug found in corned Beef

Post by Ali Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:34 am

No nor me surprise, surprise Laughing , but it's a bit worrying even if it is small traces. It's the first time it's been found since the horsemeat scandal apparently.
Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Veterinary drug found in corned Beef Empty Re: Veterinary drug found in corned Beef

Post by Mama kaz Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:13 am

its been a long time since I had any...it might be wrong but now I fancy corned beef hash lol
Mama kaz
Mama kaz
Admin

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:16 am

Pain killing sandwiches ... novel idea but I doubt it will catch on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:18 am

You wouldn't want pain killing sarnies with Bute in them tbh. It's not good stuff for humans.
Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:23 am

jackb wrote:Pain killing sandwiches ... novel idea but I doubt it will catch on.
Anti inflamatory too, do wonders for your arthritis. Laughing I was wondering when horse meat would turn up in sausages and salami. Bute is sometimes used on other animals too though, not just horses, not livestock meant for consumption though... whistle the corned beef Bute tainted meat may be horse if yer lucky...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down