Full Frontal Lobotomy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Full Frontal Lobotomy
Full Frontal Lobotomy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What were your worst and best subjects at school?

3 posters

Go down

What were your worst and best subjects at school? Empty What were your worst and best subjects at school?

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:03 am

Worst....Maths..Music..Games..German..Physics

Best...English..Geography..Politics..History..Sociology

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

What were your worst and best subjects at school? Empty Re: What were your worst and best subjects at school?

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:14 am

Jack wrote:Worst maths.
Never been good with numbers.
Best would be Geography cookery music and science.
I was fascinated by science and ... I wanted to make amphetamine!

At my comprehensive the music classes were as boring as fcuk and didn't involve any modern kind of music and i clashed with the teacher lol

Cookery was awful and hilarious as we had some ancient mad woman as a teacher...For most of the time the kids would be turning each others ovens up behind their mates back..I could never take those lessons seriously as we were always cracking up over the teachers rants!

I did get a very low grade in chemistry and i'm quite surprised that i can still remember the periodic table when questions like that come up on quiz shows etc!

Back to top Go down

What were your worst and best subjects at school? Empty Re: What were your worst and best subjects at school?

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:30 am

Jack wrote:
philagain wrote:
Jack wrote:Worst maths.
Never been good with numbers.
Best would be Geography cookery music and science.
I was fascinated by science and ... I wanted to make amphetamine!

At my comprehensive the music classes were as boring as fcuk and didn't involve any modern kind of music and i clashed with the teacher lol

Cookery was awful and hilarious as we had some ancient mad woman as a teacher...For most of the time the kids would be turning each others ovens up behind their mates back..I could never take those lessons seriously as we were always cracking up over the teachers rants!

I did get a very low grade in chemistry and i'm quite surprised that i can still remember the periodic table when questions like that come up on quiz shows etc!
We were the first lads class to get offered cookery in the school.
I say offered cos we were given a choice ... history or cookery.
The history teacher was a drone and made history so boring ... he was also a terrifying and violent man ... used to whack us often for nothing ... this was the sixties when the majority of male secondary teachers hadn't been demobbed from a war situation all that long.
The cookery teacher on the other hand wore the shortest of mini skirts and was a real sixties pin up.
Cookery won except for one guy who chose history and the teacher was angrier than ever cos he had to turn up for one pupil!!

In the 80's we got a chance to choose between cookery or woodwork etc so i chose cookery as i was crap at woodwork and metal work etc....Mind you that also involved sewing machines for a while and they scared me to fcuk because the teacher said if you put your finger in the wrong place that could be lethal roflmao

My history teacher was a lefty hippy and i got on really well with him..He was a bit annoyed that i dropped it for socialogy but i only did that because i knew that i would make the grade there which i did.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:39 am

English was my best, Maths my worst.

I still managed to somehow get a grade B in GCSE maths back in 2001 though, god knows how though lol
Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:09 am

Ali wrote:English was my best, Maths my worst.

I still managed to somehow get a grade B in GCSE maths back in 2001 though, god knows how though lol

I'm more in favour of academy schools tbf...and my old school is one of those!...I like them because they are tailored towards what the child would find interesting so then the curriculum that they want to study is tailored around what they want to study and they aren't forced to go to classes that they have no interest in etc!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:13 am

...What is the point in requiring a child to attend a subject class if they find it boring an uninteresting?

Ask the child which subjects that they find the most interesting and they let them spend the most time over those!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:16 am

...By about year three!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum