Full Frontal Lobotomy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Full Frontal Lobotomy
Full Frontal Lobotomy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

E.U in out?

2 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

E.U in out? Empty Re: E.U in out?

Post by Ali Thu May 16, 2013 5:57 am

Jack wrote:A referendum for the public to decide.
Do you know enough about what it's all about to make a confident vote?
I don't.

NO, I certainly don't that's for sure.

Tbh, I would rather things stayed as they are, the unknown aka independence from Europe is just too scary to contemplate.
Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 16, 2013 7:06 am

I don't.

I would vote to stay in....I think it's important to remain as part of the EU for trading reasons, it's not as if we have an empire anymore and we would be foolish to try and go it alone and although the EU has it's flaws to stay within it is the best way to survive and to compete on the global market with the rise of China etc....Most recently President Obama has expressed alarm that we would even consider leaving the EU and imo those that want to leave it just want to harp back to a yesteryear that really doesn't exist anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 16, 2013 7:24 am

Jack wrote:
philagain wrote:
I don't.

I would vote to stay in....I think it's important to remain as part of the EU for trading reasons, it's not as if we have an empire anymore and we would be foolish to try and go it alone and although the EU has it's flaws to stay within it is the best way to survive and to compete on the global market with the rise of China etc....Most recently President Obama has expressed alarm that we would even consider leaving the EU and imo those that want to leave it just want to harp back to a yesteryear that really doesn't exist anymore.
I agree with all that Phil but ...
I believe the more currencies there are in the world the less individuals and corporations can monopolise the wealth of the world. Our wealth ... mine and yours. The fewer currencies the more control the financial elite have over the entire world.
Imagine only one currency. One global currency. To control that or have a world with just a half a dozen means way to much power in the hands of an ever diminishing number of individuals.
At the moment the U.K. has a central bank ... most Europeans now have the European central bank.
This place can still manipulate it's own interest rates where Greece can't etc.

There needs to be a proper debate over the matter imo..I'm not aware of all of the facts and would be interested to hear them Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 16, 2013 7:25 am

Jack wrote:I'm of the mind we're fcuked if we do and fcuked if we don't.

That's true!...It's just how fcuked you want to be i suppose..I think we'd be more fcuked if we left tbf.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 16, 2013 7:36 am

Jack wrote:I'm going to vote lets stay in but leave.
Or I might go for the alternative of leave but stay in.
That's how confusing I find the whole thing.
I seriously doubt that giving the public a referendum is a good idea.
The great British public know more or less nothing about domestic politics simply because they aren't interested. They have work family football celebs to keep them busy but now they might get to vote not for the X Factor finalist or some guy in a big brother house but international politics ffs!

Exactly!....There would probably be a very low turn out anyway unless it was held alongside a general election and there would need to be a big debate to educate people but how many people would be interested in listening Dunno ...I get moaned at for watching the bloody news and question time on TV because my other half finds it all as boring as fcuk Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 16, 2013 7:38 am

.....I'll be glad when bloody shameless has finished because that does my brain in! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue May 21, 2013 4:10 am

Unfortunately not that I am aware of.
Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content