Full Frontal Lobotomy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Full Frontal Lobotomy
Full Frontal Lobotomy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christians called to pray at Parliament in opposition to equal marriage bill

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Christians called to pray at Parliament in opposition to equal marriage bill Empty Christians called to pray at Parliament in opposition to equal marriage bill

Post by Guest Mon May 13, 2013 9:02 am

Christians called to pray at Parliament in opposition to equal marriage bill ChristianCallToPrayer

Christians are being encouraged to attend organised prayer meetings near the Houses of Parliament this month, in order to oppose the equal marriage bill, and to coincide with its third reading.

The Adamantly homophobic group Christian Concern, has organised the intermittent prayer meetings to take place outside Parliament on the two days of the bills third reading.

To coincide with the Bill’s third reading, Christian Concern is organising prayer meetings outside Parliament at 12:00 – 14:00 and 17:00 – 19:00 on 20 and 21 May.

Amendments have been proposed to exempt religious schools from “promoting” equal marriage, and to grant conscientious objection on the grounds of refusal to conduct same-sex ceremonies. Another amendment proposes a referendum on the issue.

Culture Secretary Maria Miller told the Commons in December that she was putting in place a “quadruple lock” of measures to guarantee religious organisations would not have to marry gay couples against their wishes.

She also announced that the Church of England and the Church in Wales would specifically be banned from opting into the legislation.

Lord George Carey of Clifton, the former Archbishop of Canterbury, told the House of Lords on Thursday that the Government has painted opponents of marriage equality as a “strange breed of non-relevant dinosaurs” while ignoring minority ethnic and religious communities.

Following comments by Lord Fowler on the recent Queen’s Speech, Lord Carey said the Conservative’s push for same-sex marriage had helped create a “broken society”, rather than their intended “big society”.

He has previously argued that David Cameron of has made the UK’s Christians feel persecuted through his push for marriage equality.

Christian Concern has a history of campaigning against LGBT legislation and is a staunch critic of the government’s pending same-sex marriage bill for England and Wales.

Its founder, Andrea Minichiello Williams, has also been listed as a director of the limited company behind the anti-equality Coalition for Marriage campaign

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2013/05/12/christians-called-to-pray-at-parliament-in-opposition-to-equal-marriage-bill/

Giggle ....Somehow i think that their prayers will fall on deaf ears but i'm sure that their mates in the Lords will probably succeed in delaying the legislation again. stap foot

Back to top Go down

Christians called to pray at Parliament in opposition to equal marriage bill Empty Re: Christians called to pray at Parliament in opposition to equal marriage bill

Post by Guest Mon May 13, 2013 10:23 am

.....Of course freedom of speech is denied on certain other forums where as on here it's allowed! Cool

Back to top Go down

Christians called to pray at Parliament in opposition to equal marriage bill Empty Re: Christians called to pray at Parliament in opposition to equal marriage bill

Post by Guest Mon May 13, 2013 1:13 pm

Why are these people bothered by this. It's not as if it affects them does it?
Let's have a referendum on everything including whether Alex Ferguson was right to quit Man Utd. now because the country seem to be more intersted in that than gay marraige.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/may/12/gay-marriage-tory-mps-referendum

It's the same tactic they used in California to end-run the judicial decision permitting gays and lesbians to marry.

Republican/Conservatives are basically totalitarians. They oppose freedom...deny the vote, outlaw abortion, disenfranchise Blacks and Hispanics, and of course, LGBTs fall right in line. They want to control every aspect of everyone's life. Economics is just one facet.

Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Mon May 13, 2013 8:54 pm

Ravy wrote:So.
It is alright for gays to have a bash at Christians but when they have a bash back then they are howibble nasty Homophobes.
Double standards 'eh Phil?
I have noticed that e few of your threads are anti-Christian and Anti-religion in general.
If somebody starts being anti-gay then you get your knckers in a twist.
Swings and roundabouts old boy.

Oh....they have always been very vocal and i'm just exercising my right to reply.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2013 2:15 am

Ravy wrote:And by the way.
Over here Catholics have to pay 'Church Tax'.
Now this Kirchensteuer goes to the Vatican in Rome who are against Gay Marriage.
Most Gays have opted out from this and give to other Charities like 'Green-Peace' instead.
My opinion is that the Gay movement are deliberately provoking the Church who are inclined to 'Turn the other Cheek'.
Very bitchy. 'eh?

That is your opinion and you are welcome to it however ridiculous and misguided it is.

The church and it's cohorts in the unelected Lords chamber of the houses of parliament in this country have voted down every piece of equality legislation since an equal age of consent was put forward...They have also been very vocal most recently about their opposition to gay marriage.

as i have said in the past some people think that religion is above criticism which will never been the case as if we had never stood up against it we wouldn't have any of the equal rights that we enjoy today and when religion spouts the next lot of bile against gay people i will again post here my opposition to it and stuff anyone that doesn't like that thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2013 9:28 am

Ravy wrote:If you are against Christians so much Phil why do you think that it should be O.K
for gays to get married in Churches?
You are the missguided one.
You want your Cake and eat it.

With respect Ravy...And i don't want to get into an argument with you really as i've already pissed of NNA over this subject Giggle

The British legislation ensures that no religious institution would be forced to conduct a gay marriage and i'm totally against religious organisations being forced to conduct gay marriages....but there are some religious organisations that want to carry out gay marriages like the Quakers and libertarian Jews etc.....They shouldn't not be allowed to do so! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2013 9:32 am

Jack wrote:
Ravy wrote:If you are against Christians so much Phil why do you think that it should be O.K
for gays to get married in Churches?
You are the missguided one.
You want your Cake and eat it.
And what the fcuk have Politics to do Christian beliefs?
That's a good point Ravy.
I've always found it a bit odd.
Why don't gay people start their own religion cos they obviously don't believe what the Christian one teaches.

As i've always said....I can't understand why any gay person would want to get married in a religious setting anyway and imo they are barking mad but i would defend their right to be barking mad...so long as the other barking mad institution wants to give them the right to do it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2013 9:54 am

Ravy wrote:You won't get into an argument with me or even piss me off Phil.
We are discussing a subject that we do not agree on.
If some Gays are religeious and want to get married then I agree with Jack.
They should form their own Churches or whatsoever and that would be that.
No pissed off Christians and no pissed off Gays.
Learn to accept and tolerate other peoples beliefs and they will tolerate yours.

....As i have already said no religious organisations should be forced to conduct a gay marriage but those that want to shouldn't be prevented from doing so!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2013 10:05 am

Ravy wrote:But surely that would be mocking the Christian Religion Phil.
Try it out with the Moslems and there would be war.

The Quakers and the liberal Jews aren't part of the Christian religion though are they!...There are more forward thinking sects within the Christian religions as well...Over twenty years ago my partner and his ex got a blessing in a Christian church as the priest there was very forward thinking!...There was also a gay nightclub in the crypt!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2013 10:08 am

....It was in Deptford SE London....It was well advertised in the area at that time as well....I remember tripping in the fcuking graveyard! roflmao

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2013 10:09 am

.....Talk about having a rave in the most unexpected place! roflmao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next