Full Frontal Lobotomy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Full Frontal Lobotomy
Full Frontal Lobotomy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Britons 'Trust Google As Much As Religion'

Go down

Britons 'Trust Google As Much As Religion' Empty Britons 'Trust Google As Much As Religion'

Post by Guest Wed May 01, 2013 3:39 am

Google is now regarded as being as trustworthy as religious institutions, according to a new survey of Britons.

The Future of Britain report revealed the search engine and religion are ranked the same when it comes to institutions people trust, behind the NHS and police but ahead of banks and insurance companies.

Some 17% of people said they had the most faith in Google and in religious institutions.

Among the younger generation trust in the search engine is even greater, with 28% of 16 to 24-year-olds saying they find it the most trustworthy, compared to 17% for religious organisations among the age group.

Chris Worrell, insight director of OMD UK, the media agency behind the report, told Sky News Online: "It really reflects people's interests. People use Google on a daily basis, if not more, and perhaps they are not engaged with religious institutions in the same way they used to be."

Despite the recent horsemeat scandal, the results showed more people trust supermarkets (19%) than either the search engine or religious organisations.

The health service came out as most trustworthy, at 37%, and politicians the least, at 3%. Only 9% of people said they trusted Facebook, while banks, utility companies and insurance firms also came off badly, at 7%, 6% and 5% respectively.

Mr Worrell said trust levels were low across the board in light of the long economic downturn, with Britons having little faith in many of the major companies and organisations that dominate their lives.

He added that it was not surprising that Google came out more trustworthy than internet rival Facebook due to the fact that the social networking site is newer and people are very aware it needs to make money because of its high profile IPO.

The findings are part of a year-long research project looking at the changing shape of British society in the wake of the economic slump and ongoing changes to the country's population and demographics. More than 2,000 adults were polled.

Other results highlighted people's economic fears. Some 96% of those surveyed said they are concerned with the high cost of living, with 40% of people selling their possessions to cope with their finances.

Meanwhile, almost half (46%) of 35 to 44 year-olds believe they will be worse off than their parents.

http://news.sky.com/story/1084991/britons-trust-google-as-much-as-religion

roflmao I would put google much higher than religion and the nutters that follow it!

Back to top Go down

Britons 'Trust Google As Much As Religion' Empty Re: Britons 'Trust Google As Much As Religion'

Post by Mama kaz Wed May 01, 2013 3:52 am

Well I suppose most 'facts' can be verified... The bible, hmmm who verified that again? Dunno
Mama kaz
Mama kaz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Britons 'Trust Google As Much As Religion' Empty Re: Britons 'Trust Google As Much As Religion'

Post by Guest Wed May 01, 2013 3:58 am

Mama kaz wrote:Well I suppose most 'facts' can be verified... The bible, hmmm who verified that again? Dunno

roflmao ..Has never been verified..How can you verify the existence of the invisible man in the Sky Giggle ..The bible was written by lots of different men mostly control freaks and others totally mad much like the majority of their followers...Control freaks and totally mad as can be verified by reading certain forums where religious nutjobs are in charge roflmao

Back to top Go down

Post by Mama kaz Wed May 01, 2013 4:01 am

Exactly.. To the verified part anyway, I cannot understand how folks can get so wound up when others ask them for proof. I just see it as common sense tbh.
Mama kaz
Mama kaz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01, 2013 4:05 am

Mama kaz wrote:Exactly.. To the verified part anyway, I cannot understand how folks can get so wound up when others ask them for proof. I just see it as common sense tbh.

We can prove scientific issues so that sets a prevalence over religion imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01, 2013 5:46 am

philagain wrote:
Mama kaz wrote:Exactly.. To the verified part anyway, I cannot understand how folks can get so wound up when others ask them for proof. I just see it as common sense tbh.

Shit loads of scientific thinking is theory ... thinking.
Shit loads of it becomes gospel until it's overturned by the next set of thinking.
You'd be surprised how little we know despite the way science is sold to us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01, 2013 5:54 am

philagain wrote:

The nutty people who wrote the Bible insisted that the world was a round sphere hanging on nothing ... not the thinking of the vast majority of the time three and a half thousand years ago.
Washingh of hands after handling dead people was three thousand years before the discovery of wee little creatures that can kill you.
Loads of stuff in that old book bound in skin and blood was way ahead of modern science.
Science caught up with the Bible in many ways.
Even the worlds water cycle simply explained ... handling waste and sewage.
Then theres the ancient Indian religions and Greek ... thousands of years ago explaining that nothing in existence is solid ... everything is made of atoms including me ... everything is vibrating everything is in fact an illusion.
Theres a reason these writings have lasted so long and held in such high esteem by scholars artists poets historians and even archeologists using the Bible to find long lost cities and even people.
Only a very foolish and shallow person could possibly write all this stuff off as the ramblings of fools.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01, 2013 6:01 am

jackb wrote:
philagain wrote:

The nutty people who wrote the Bible insisted that the world was a round sphere hanging on nothing ... not the thinking of the vast majority of the time three and a half thousand years ago.
Washingh of hands after handling dead people was three thousand years before the discovery of wee little creatures that can kill you.
Loads of stuff in that old book bound in skin and blood was way ahead of modern science.
Science caught up with the Bible in many ways.
Even the worlds water cycle simply explained ... handling waste and sewage.
Then theres the ancient Indian religions and Greek ... thousands of years ago explaining that nothing in existence is solid ... everything is made of atoms including me ... everything is vibrating everything is in fact an illusion.
Theres a reason these writings have lasted so long and held in such high esteem by scholars artists poets historians and even archeologists using the Bible to find long lost cities and even people.
Only a very foolish and shallow person could possibly write all this stuff off as the ramblings of fools.

Deuteronomy 23:1
Quote:
"No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord."

Exodus 4:24-25
Quote:
"And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the LORD met him, and sought to kill him. Then Zipporah took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son, and cast it at his feet, and said, Surely a bloody husband art thou to me."

Samuel 18:25-27
Quote:
"And Saul said, Thus shall ye say to David, The king desireth not any dowry, but an hundred foreskins of the Philistines, to be avenged of the king’s enemies. But Saul thought to make David fall by the hand of the Philistines. And when his servants told David these words, it pleased David well to be the king’s son in law: and the days were not expired. Wherefore David arose and went, he and his men, and slew of the Philistines two hundred men; and David brought their foreskins, and they gave them in full tale to the king, that he might be the king’s son in law. And Saul gave him Michal his daughter to wife."

Deuteronomy 25:11-12
Quote:
"If two men, a man and his countryman, are struggling together, and the wife of one comes near to deliver her husband from the hand of the one who is striking him, and puts out her hand and seizes his genitals, then you shall cut off her hand; you shall not show pity."

Ezekiel 23:19-20.
Quote:
"Yet she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of her youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt. There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."

Kings 2:23-24
Quote:
Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up the road, some youths came from the city and mocked him, and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!” So he turned around and looked at them, and pronounced a curse on them in the name of the LORD. And two female bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths.

Deuteronomy 28:53-55
Quote:
You will eat the fruit of your womb, the flesh of your own sons and daughters, while begrudging your relatives any share of your children that you are using for food.

Deuteronomy 28:56-57
Quote:
The most refined and delicate woman will refuse her husband and children her afterbirth and infant, that comes out from between her legs, as she secretly eats them for food.

roflmao roflmao roflmao ....You were saying!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01, 2013 6:04 am

14. Genesis 16:8And he said “Hagar, Sarai’s slave girl, where have you come from and where are you going?” She answered, “I’m running away from Sarai, my mistress.” The angel of the Lord said to her, “Go back to your mistress and submit to ill treatment at her hands.” [Pictured above]13. Genesis 15:9The Lord answered, “Bring me a heifer three years old, a she-goat, three years old, a ram three years old, a turtle dove and a young pigeon.”12. Deut. 25:11When two men are fighting and the wife of one of them intervenes to drag her husband clear of his opponent, if she puts out her hand and catches hold of the man by his privates, you must cut off her hand and show her no mercy.11. Genesis 19:8“Look, I have two daughters, virgins both of them. Let me bring them out to you and you could do what you like with them. But do nothing to these men because they have come under the shelter of my roof.”

Britons 'Trust Google As Much As Religion' Giovanni-lanfranco-hagar-in-the-wilderness

Mad roflmao

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01, 2013 6:07 am

I didn't say the whole of religious writing was good stuff ya twonk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01, 2013 6:10 am

jackb wrote:I didn't say the whole of religious writing was good stuff ya twonk.

...And i was just giving my opinion ya twonk....Shouldn't you be propping up the dawgs forum anyway Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01, 2013 6:12 am

As for Google I don't trust them with my information at all but seem to have no choice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01, 2013 6:13 am

As for religion I refused to have my children christened and certainly wouldn't leave them alone anywhere near a priest!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01, 2013 6:14 am

philagain wrote:
jackb wrote:I didn't say the whole of religious writing was good stuff ya twonk.

...And i was just giving my opinion ya twonk....Shouldn't you be propping up the dawgs forum anyway Smile
You have a problem with me posting on dogs now my ban has been lifted?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01, 2013 6:15 am

jackb wrote:As for Google I don't trust them with my information at all but seem to have no choice.

Surely there are other search engines you could use Dunno

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01, 2013 6:20 am

philagain wrote:
jackb wrote:As for Google I don't trust them with my information at all but seem to have no choice.

Tried 'em all mate and they are crap or link through Google anyway.
There is a huge difference between them all and Google is the best out there.
That young twat that owns said recently at some big meeting of the important people of the world ... the billionaires ... companies before governments.
That is fascism whn you understand what fascism is about but that's where the western world is now anyway so I shouldn't be surprised.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01, 2013 6:23 am

jackb wrote:
philagain wrote:

Tried 'em all mate and they are crap or link through Google anyway.
There is a huge difference between them all and Google is the best out there.
That young twat that owns said recently at some big meeting of the important people of the world ... the billionaires ... companies before governments.
That is fascism whn you understand what fascism is about but that's where the western world is now anyway so I shouldn't be surprised.

I know what fascism is about and would agree with you that the western world is headed in the wrong direction and we need some kind of change from the present capitalist model.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01, 2013 1:08 pm

Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down