Full Frontal Lobotomy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Full Frontal Lobotomy
Full Frontal Lobotomy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rich elderly should shun benefits

4 posters

Go down

Rich elderly should shun benefits Empty Rich elderly should shun benefits

Post by Ali Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:58 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22327335

Wealthy elderly people who do not need benefits to help with fuel bills, TV licences or free travel should return the money, the work and pensions secretary says.

Iain Duncan Smith told the Sunday Telegraph he would "encourage" people who do not need such financial support "to hand it back".

Can't see this making him very popular right now although he has said it should be up to them.

Personally, I think he's right, rich elderly people shouldn't get things like heating allowance but I can't see many of them giving it up voluntarily tbh.
Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Rich elderly should shun benefits Empty Re: Rich elderly should shun benefits

Post by Snookerballs Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:35 am

Ian Duncan Smith is the ideal person to say that the elderly should forego their Bus Pass,

He travels by Chauffered Cars paid for by the Tax Payer !
His Other Travel expenses amount to about £ 5,000 per year, paid for by the Tax Payer,
His Home/Constituency/Westminster Rail Travelling amounts to about £2800 per Year. Paid for by the Tax Payer.
His Wifes Travelling Fees to accompany him at special occasions are £500 per year Paid for by the Tax Payer
(as listed 2011/12 )

"Yup dont do as I do , do as I say" !!!!
And he is a Millionaire in his own right.
Snookerballs
Snookerballs

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ali Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:55 am

Melfi wrote:It's a shame they can't donate their bus pass to someone who needs it. There are millions of hard working young people who struggle with travel costs.

That would be a good idea Melfi, the cost of public transport is quite prohibitive for people out in the sticks who have to travel to work, yet they get no help at all even if they are working on a low income.
Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:56 am

Snookerballs wrote:Ian Duncan Smith is the ideal person to say that the elderly should forego their Bus Pass,

His Other Travel expenses amount to about £ 5,000 per year, paid for by the Tax Payer,
His Home/Constituency/Westminster Rail Travelling amounts to about £2800 per Year. Paid for by the Tax Payer.
His Wifes Travelling Fees to accompany him at special occasions are £500 per year Paid for by the Tax Payer
(as listed 2011/12 )

We're all in it together aren't we? Dunno
Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:14 am

Ali wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:Ian Duncan Smith is the ideal person to say that the elderly should forego their Bus Pass,

(as listed 2011/12 )

And that dosent include him living in a Five Bedroom Mansion rent free, and demanding everyone who has an extra bedroom pay the Bedroom Tax ,
Guess who pays for the heating of his Swimming Pool, the manicuring of his Lawns, and the up keep of his Tennis Court
Snookerballs
Snookerballs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:18 am

Snookerballs wrote:
Ali wrote:

(as listed 2011/12 )

And that dosent include him living in a Five Bedroom Mansion rent free, and demanding everyone who has an extra bedroom pay the Bedroom Tax ,
Guess who pays for the heating of his Swimming Pool, the manicuring of his Lawns, and the up keep of his Tennis Court

Ooooh, now that's a hard question Snooks but if I were to hazzard a guess, I would say...the taxpayer? Laughing
Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:02 am

..So they bloody well should imo but i would hazard a guess that the majority of them are far too selfish to ever contemplate such a thing..whilst slagging off the poor for claiming benefits etc Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:08 am

How would IDS convince CERTAIN Senior Citizens to hand back their heating allowance,
The elderly just wouldnt be able to cope !!!Rich elderly should shun benefits Queen_2489915b
Snookerballs
Snookerballs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:24 am

How come it's up to them and not him?
The poorer people don't get choices but the wealthier do can't be right and shows his fcuking bias.
Only people in council houses and association houses cop the bedroom tax not people with private landlords meaning wealthy landlords in the private sector still draw full benefits through their tenants.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum