Full Frontal Lobotomy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Full Frontal Lobotomy
Full Frontal Lobotomy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My mate hasn't been paid

3 posters

Go down

My mate hasn't been paid Empty My mate hasn't been paid

Post by Guest Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:07 am

....He works as a white van man and his company delivers fish to restaurants in the West End of London...The company that he works for has been in trouble for a while due to the present economic climate...He's had a meeting with his boss who has said that there is a cash flow problem which they are trying to sort out so he's continuing to work for the time being as what else can he do Dunno

If you found yourself to be in that position how long would you put up with it before leaving Dunno ...He says...Well i've got the company van and i would sell that if the worse came to the worse. Sad

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

My mate hasn't been paid Empty Re: My mate hasn't been paid

Post by Guest Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:23 am

Ravy wrote:I would send a few of my mates round.

......His boss has said to him 'You just have to wait' Mad ...If they are still delivering fish...the fish has to be paid for so the money is there...He thinks it's something to do with accounts...

..When i was younger i did a stint working for a private company on behalf of Westminster council that did car clamping affraid ...A similar thing happened there and we weren't paid for a week.....I can remember the owner coming into the office and she raided the bloody pay phone!

.....The company went into administration....Then someone new took over..but that company was providing services on behalf of the council...My mate has suggested that his company might be changing their name etc in preparation to trade again...All sounds very dodgy to me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:31 am

philagain wrote:....He works as a white van man and his company delivers fish to restaurants in the West End of London...The company that he works for has been in trouble for a while due to the present economic climate...He's had a meeting with his boss who has said that there is a cash flow problem which they are trying to sort out so he's continuing to work for the time being as what else can he do Dunno

If you found yourself to be in that position how long would you put up with it before leaving Dunno ...He says...Well i've got the company van and i would sell that if the worse came to the worse. Sad
Check before you do this cos last time I heard of it being done was in the seventies and the rules may well have changed.

You are allowed to seize goods that are already in your posession against an owed debt.
Your mate cannot go and nick the van but if he's been given the keys and the permission to drive it then he is in lawful posession.
He takes it home and if he has a drive or somewhere else great but he could use the road ... jack it up take the wheels off and hide them.
Imobilise the engine.
He cannot go driving it around.#
But he can seize it against payment due.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:40 am

jackb wrote:
philagain wrote:....He works as a white van man and his company delivers fish to restaurants in the West End of London...The company that he works for has been in trouble for a while due to the present economic climate...He's had a meeting with his boss who has said that there is a cash flow problem which they are trying to sort out so he's continuing to work for the time being as what else can he do Dunno

Check before you do this cos last time I heard of it being done was in the seventies and the rules may well have changed.

You are allowed to seize goods that are already in your posession against an owed debt.
Your mate cannot go and nick the van but if he's been given the keys and the permission to drive it then he is in lawful posession.
He takes it home and if he has a drive or somewhere else great but he could use the road ... jack it up take the wheels off and hide them.
Imobilise the engine.
He cannot go driving it around.#
But he can seize it against payment due.

...He is in lawful possession of the vehicle as he takes it home and it's parked outside of his house all the time..There are two guys that work the West End....They are just waiting to see what happens next Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:44 am

....He's also allowed to use it for private issues...He's picked me and my partner up before to drive us to places occasionally but he doesn't take the piss...When he uses the van privately he always pays for the petrol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:55 am

Cheyanne wrote:

I wonder if the restaurants they are delivering to are paying up?
Sometimes companies still deliver even when they are owed money.

He doesn't know what is going on!...I've told him to try not to worry...If the worst comes to the worst..then you can indeed sell your van to make ends meet..your a bloody good driver and you work really hard so it will be easy for you to find another job..If you ever lost your home then there is a sofa here that you can kip on..Stay focused!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:17 am

Cheyanne wrote:
philagain wrote:
Cheyanne wrote:

I wonder if the restaurants they are delivering to are paying up?
Sometimes companies still deliver even when they are owed money.

He doesn't know what is going on!...I've told him to try not to worry...If the worst comes to the worst..then you can indeed sell your van to make ends meet..your a bloody good driver and you work really hard so it will be easy for you to find another job..If you ever lost your home then there is a sofa here that you can kip on..Stay focused!

Sounds like he has a good mate in you Phil.........nice one! thumbsup

I've known him for over 20 years! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:59 am

...He has been paid today...I have suggested though that he starts looking for another job as to me it looks like they will probably fold soon Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:11 pm

philagain wrote:...He has been paid today...I have suggested though that he starts looking for another job as to me it looks like they will probably fold soon Sad
Or even better Phil ... can he steal the guys customers and suppliers and pull it off for himself maybe on a smaller scale?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:40 pm

jackb wrote:
philagain wrote:...He has been paid today...I have suggested though that he starts looking for another job as to me it looks like they will probably fold soon Sad
Or even better Phil ... can he steal the guys customers and suppliers and pull it off for himself maybe on a smaller scale?

...I don't think that he has the cash to start up his own business again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:15 am

Cheyanne wrote:

Glad your mate got paid Phil Smile although it does sound like good advice for him to look around for another job.

...Well i've given my advice to him but knowing him so well i know that he will wait until the company folds before he will do anything which is his choice of course Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:17 am

....But he knows his employer better that i do and he is their top driver so perhaps he just trusts them to take him on board if they start a different company etc Dunno

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:25 am

.....And be there to support your mates whether they are right or they are wrong...We picked him up before when he lost his flat and he kipped on our sofa for a while and then he pulled himself out of it so no worries as far as we are concerned!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum