Full Frontal Lobotomy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Full Frontal Lobotomy
Full Frontal Lobotomy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The perils of 'showrooming'

+3
Syl
Dean
Ali
7 posters

Go down

The perils of 'showrooming' Empty The perils of 'showrooming'

Post by Ali Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:16 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22098575

Have you ever seen something you wanted in a shop, tried it, checked the price online on your smartphone, found it was cheaper, and walked out? Welcome to the world of "showrooming".

According to the article people are going into shops and browsing, trying stuff out, smelling perfume to find one they like and then logging onto the net and finding the same much cheaper online.

Anyone here do this?
Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The perils of 'showrooming' Empty Re: The perils of 'showrooming'

Post by Ali Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:26 am

Dean wrote:Nah, can't be arsed with the effort!

Sounds like most men lol

I can understand why people do it though, anything to save a few bob. Apparently in Australia some shops have started charging a browsing fee which they take off the bill if the customer buys something.

Can't blame them for that if they are losing out to online retailers though but then you can't blame the customer for wanting the item at the cheapest price.
Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:29 am

Syl wrote:No, but last week we saw a great suit for Grandsons prom, spoke to the assistant and he said he would knock 20% off the price if we decided to buy....but he only worked Fri, Sat and Sun so to make sure we went back on those days.
We went shopping with our grandson last Sunday, but we went to the Trafford centre where there is more choice. He liked the suit we had picked out, but the branch at the Trafford centre was charging full price. We had no time to get back to Manchester and we were going away on Wed till today, so as the stock was low we paid the full price...an extra £40. Sad

That's a heck of a difference, shame you couldn't get the suit at the same price offered to you in the other branch. Did you ask?
Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:46 am

Syl wrote:
Ali wrote:
Syl wrote:No, but last week we saw a great suit for Grandsons prom, spoke to the assistant and he said he would knock 20% off the price if we decided to buy....but he only worked Fri, Sat and Sun so to make sure we went back on those days.
We went shopping with our grandson last Sunday, but we went to the Trafford centre where there is more choice. He liked the suit we had picked out, but the branch at the Trafford centre was charging full price. We had no time to get back to Manchester and we were going away on Wed till today, so as the stock was low we paid the full price...an extra £40. Sad

That's a heck of a difference, shame you couldn't get the suit at the same price offered to you in the other branch. Did you ask?
Yes, the assistant even phoned the branch where we had first visited to check whether the suit was on special offer there...but of course it wasn't.

The reason the manager at the first shop had offered us the discount was because the sale sign was confusing.....it said 20% off under the suit but because the display had moved it should have been 20% off shoes not this particular suit.
He was doing us a deal as a favour....but like I said the stock was low and if we had waited to go back to that particular shop they could have sold out.

Bloody hell, that sounds like a decent manager actually, most would just tell you the sign doesn't relate to the suit so tough.

I think though I would be inclined to do this showrooming thing. I know it's a bit of a cheek but what the hell, it's my money and I can spend it where I like.
Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:50 am

Should have done some "Showrooming" then ordered on line, you would have saved quite a bit even by using that particular shops on line business. , and you would have had the facility to return the item if one did not like it,

Most on Line Shopping outlets do a "next Day" Delivery service
We have done this on several occasions now

If anyone is thinking of buying a LED TV, its the best way of purchasing it on line, Shops are allowed to sell them with up to 10 "Dead Pixels", but the set can be returned to the on line business outlet if you find one "dead pixel" , plus one has the Credit Card Garantee

On line shopping is changing the High Street.
Snookerballs
Snookerballs

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:00 am

Ali wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22098575

Have you ever seen something you wanted in a shop, tried it, checked the price online on your smartphone, found it was cheaper, and walked out? Welcome to the world of "showrooming".

According to the article people are going into shops and browsing, trying stuff out, smelling perfume to find one they like and then logging onto the net and finding the same much cheaper online.

Anyone here do this?

Yep. I mostly use Currys/PC World to check out the features and quality of items and then buy them from Amazon or Appliances Online.

Admin
Admin

https://fullfrontallabotomy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:03 am

Henry wrote:

Anyone here do this?

Yep. I mostly use Currys/PC World to check out the features and quality of items and then buy them from Amazon or Appliances Online.

I'd never actually heard of it until I read that article but like I said, I think I might be inclined to do this now as it can save so much money.
Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:09 am

Ali wrote:
Henry wrote:

Anyone here do this?

I'd never actually heard of it until I read that article but like I said, I think I might be inclined to do this now as it can save so much money.

I wanted to buy a new suit last month, ( most of Mine seemed to have shrunk while they have been hanging in the wardrobe !!)
I checked with the shop saw what I liked, then ordered the same item on line and saved £20.

one has to be careful with some prices though, the shops do a lost leader where their items are cheaper than the same item on line.
Snookerballs
Snookerballs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:16 am

Snookerballs wrote:
Ali wrote:
Henry wrote:

Anyone here do this?

I wanted to buy a new suit last month, ( most of Mine seemed to have shrunk while they have been hanging in the wardrobe !!)
I checked with the shop saw what I liked, then ordered the same item on line and saved £20.

one has to be careful with some prices though, the shops do a lost leader where their items are cheaper than the same item on line.

lol, clothes shrink whilst hanging in the wardrobe, must remember that one.

I guess that's where the smart phones come in, you can immediately check online and if it's cheaper in the shop you buy there and then.
Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:44 am

Syl wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:

Should have done some "Showrooming" then ordered on line, you would have saved quite a bit even by using that particular shops on line business. , and you would have had the facility to return the item if one did not like it,

Most on Line Shopping outlets do a "next Day" Delivery service
We have done this on several occasions now

If anyone is thinking of buying a LED TV, its the best way of purchasing it on line, Shops are allowed to sell them with up to 10 "Dead Pixels", but the set can be returned to the on line business outlet if you find one "dead pixel" , plus one has the Credit Card Garantee

On line shopping is changing the High Street.

The suit is the same price online....just checked.
Plus messing about sending stuff back if its not right can be expensive too.

Did you check with any other "on line" outlets for the similar/same item, they may well have been cheaper .
Snookerballs
Snookerballs

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:57 am

vills wrote:What sort of wardrobe have you got Snooker?

Is it a magic one?

Yeah, I put something in there and within a month it has shrunk and will not fit me !!!! Dunno
Snookerballs
Snookerballs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum