Full Frontal Lobotomy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Full Frontal Lobotomy
Full Frontal Lobotomy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking Amish

3 posters

Go down

Breaking Amish  Empty Breaking Amish

Post by Mama kaz Mon May 06, 2013 7:14 am

Watching this just now, the world must be full of wonders and miracles once hey get out of their town... Sad how overbearing their families are though No
Mama kaz
Mama kaz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Breaking Amish  Empty Re: Breaking Amish

Post by Guest Mon May 06, 2013 7:20 am

Mama kaz wrote:Watching this just now, the world must be full of wonders and miracles once hey get out of their town... Sad how overbearing their families are though No

They are quite quaint in a funny kind of way..Would be interesting to visit actually just to gawp..like stepping back in time and to buy some home made jam from one of their shops!

Back to top Go down

Post by xtras Mon May 06, 2013 7:22 am

have you seen the show where the Amish & youngster from *normal* homes swap that was good Smile
xtras
xtras

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 06, 2013 7:25 am

xtras wrote:have you seen the show where the Amish & youngster from *normal* homes swap that was good Smile

Yes!...I find them fascinating and have seen quite a few programs on them i just like seeing their reactions to modern situations etc when they get outside of their little bubbles and they are quite child like and amusing to watch!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mama kaz Mon May 06, 2013 7:46 am

philagain wrote:
xtras wrote:have you seen the show where the Amish & youngster from *normal* homes swap that was good Smile

Yes!...I find them fascinating and have seen quite a few programs on them i just like seeing their reactions to modern situations etc when they get outside of their little bubbles and they are quite child like and amusing to watch!

I love the innocence... Though its surprising how fast they acclimatise. I remember watching the same show but YEARS ago on trouble Embarassed most still choose to go back to the Amish way Shocked
Mama kaz
Mama kaz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 06, 2013 7:52 am

Mama kaz wrote:
philagain wrote:

I love the innocence... Though its surprising how fast they acclimatise. I remember watching the same show but YEARS ago on trouble Embarassed most still choose to go back to the Amish way Shocked

Well it's religious dogmatic indoctrination at it's worse!..But saying that they do allow people to leave unlike certain other religious cults!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mama kaz Mon May 06, 2013 8:02 am

Ah but they only get to leave a short while, in reality the rumspringa is discouraged, and if they choose to go a LOT are disowned there and then, if they choose to stay away then they forfeit their family... That's a tough thing to ask a young person in my opinion.

Most are around my sam's age, yet I think he would freak out at the thought of never seeing us again, it's a fair certainty most will go back if only because of that.
Mama kaz
Mama kaz
Admin

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Mon May 06, 2013 8:08 am

Mama kaz wrote:Ah but they only get to leave a short while, in reality the rumspringa is discouraged, and if they choose to go a LOT are disowned there and then, if they choose to stay away then they forfeit their family... That's a tough thing to ask a young person in my opinion.

Most are around my sam's age, yet I think he would freak out at the thought of never seeing us again, it's a fair certainty most will go back if only because of that.

I agree..religious indoctrination to that extent is akin to child abuse imo!

The Wesboro Baptist Church....Lot's have left there and not returned though....thank gawd!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum