Full Frontal Lobotomy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Full Frontal Lobotomy
Full Frontal Lobotomy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noah Crooks: Boy, 13, 'killed mum after attempting to rape her in row over Call of Duty'

Go down

Noah Crooks: Boy, 13, 'killed mum after attempting to rape her in row over Call of Duty'  Empty Noah Crooks: Boy, 13, 'killed mum after attempting to rape her in row over Call of Duty'

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2013 8:06 am

Noah Crooks: Boy, 13, 'killed mum after attempting to rape her in row over Call of Duty'  Noah-Crooks-1868808

A 13-year-old killed his own mother after a failed attempt to rape her in a row over a ban on the Call of Duty video game, a US court heard.

The jury in the murder trial of Noah Crooks heard a disturbing 911 call during which the teenage accused, from Iowa, can be heard pouring his heart out about the killing.

Crooks, now 14 , has been charged with first-degree murder and assault with intent to commit sexual abuse on March 24, 2012.

The victim was his 37-year-old mother, Gretchen Crooks, who had taken away his “Call of Duty” video game because he got bad grades in school, it was said.

The court heard Crooks admit that it was because of the game being taken away that he snapped.

In the 911 recording made on the night of the murder at the family's home in Osage, Iowa, Crooks can be heard telling the operator: “I’m not joking at all. She’s dead. I’m scared. I killed my mom with my .22. I don’t know why I did it.”

Police responding to the call found the woman shot multiple times, according to Mitchell County Sheriff's Office.

During the conversation, which lasted about 10 minutes, the boy repeated his confession several times The Global Gazette reported.

Crooks said: “I feel crazy and I know I'm not. I think I have some form of ADD.

“I tried to rape her. I tried to rape her but I couldn't do it.

“Who tries to rape their own mom? My life is down the drain now.”

He went on to say: “I just wish it was a dream so I could wake up and I could kiss her and hug her.”

Noah rambled on about his mother making him homemade doughnuts earlier that night and expressed disbelief that he killed her after she did that for him.

He then revealed that his mother had taken away his Call of Duty video game because he got bad grades in school, and that is when he snapped.

He told the 911 operator: “Something just came over me.”

Noah Crooks: Boy, 13, 'killed mum after attempting to rape her in row over Call of Duty'  Gretchen-Crooks-1868807

The boy then spoke about having to move away and giving up on his dreams of getting into a good college and marrying his eighth-grade girlfriend.

On the first day of Crooks' trial on Wednesday, jurors also heard testimony from Mitchell County Sheriff’s Deputies Jeff Huftalin and Greg Halbach, who described the crime scene, WCF Courier reported.

Gretchen’s bullet-riddled body was found stretched out on a coach.

Her pyjama top was undone and she was naked from the waist down, Halbach said in court.

The woman was not breathing.

The deputies seized the murder weapon, a .22 caliber rifle, which was lying across a chair in the dining room.

Halbach said that he slapped handcuffs on Noah's wrists and placed him in the patrol car.

He added that the teenage suspect was not crying and did not appear emotional.

Noah Crooks' attorney is not denying that his client killed his mother, but he claims that the boy suffered what he referred to as a “tumour of rage”, rendering him insane at the time of the slaying.

Addressing the jury panel, the lawyer said that a child psychiatrist will testify that Crooks suffers from intermittent explosive disorder - a mental illness marked by repeated episodes of impulsive, aggressive or violent behaviour.

Gretchen, who was listed with her husband William Crooks as the owners of the home where she was killed, had worked as a nurse at Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa while also studying toward her master's degree after accepted at the University of Iowa in 2009.

On her Facebook page back in 2010, she praised her son, one of two sons according to Mrs Brahm, for his musical talents on the saxophone as well as his accomplishment in being accepted into a University of Iowa camp to learn Chinese.

“So proud of him!” she wrote.

She had also recently published an application on her page reading: “Click "like" if you love your son!”

Her death comes as the first reported murder in the city of Osage since 1898, according to KAAL-TV.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/noah-crooks-boy-13-killed-1868899#ixzz2TD1FY28b
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

affraid affraid affraid ...Mentally disturbed or just plain evil Dunno

Back to top Go down

Noah Crooks: Boy, 13, 'killed mum after attempting to rape her in row over Call of Duty'  Empty Re: Noah Crooks: Boy, 13, 'killed mum after attempting to rape her in row over Call of Duty'

Post by Ali Tue May 14, 2013 8:25 am

He certainly seems to have been of a disturbed mind at the time of the killing.

If he was plain evil I doubt he would have called the police and told them what he'd done.
Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Noah Crooks: Boy, 13, 'killed mum after attempting to rape her in row over Call of Duty'  Empty Re: Noah Crooks: Boy, 13, 'killed mum after attempting to rape her in row over Call of Duty'

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2013 8:34 am

Ali wrote:He certainly seems to have been of a disturbed mind at the time of the killing.

If he was plain evil I doubt he would have called the police and told them what he'd done.

...I'm in two minds tbf...Surely if he had displayed any kind of mental illness in the past his parents(s) would have got him some kind of professional help...All of a sudden he snapped and tried to rape his mum and then he shot her multiple times. pale

I mean...I would describe myself as relatively liberal in most of my thinking.......Something doesn't seem at all right there to me but i'm sure that the professionals will eventually get to the bottom of it and then let a jury decide.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue May 14, 2013 8:38 am

Sounds a bit like a blind rage to me, the sort where you do things without actually knowing you are doing them until you calm down.
Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2013 8:41 am

Ali wrote:Sounds a bit like a blind rage to me, the sort where you do things without actually knowing you are doing them until you calm down.

Hmmm....But from a process of trying to rape your own mother affraid Twisted Evil ...To a point when you shoot her multiple times...there must have been some time to think in between imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down