Full Frontal Lobotomy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Full Frontal Lobotomy
Full Frontal Lobotomy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Global warming?

3 posters

Go down

Global warming? Empty Global warming?

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:33 am

It'll be a sweltering 22C in the lower half of the country while northerners and Scots will be stuck with a chilly 9C and spells of rain

The South will be basking in glorious sunshine on Wednesday - but it’ll be dim up north…

Temperatures are to reach a ­sweltering 22C in the lower half of the country – hotter than LA – while northerners and Scots will be stuck with a chilly 9C, overcast skies and spells of rain.

This unseasonal peak is far higher than the average of 13C or 14C we’re used to for late April.

However, the cold weather will be back to bite those in the South, South East, South West and East Anglia by the weekend and could even stay until the middle of May.

Met Office forecaster Charlie Powell said: “It will certainly be nice and bright in the South over the coming days but the temperature is set to take a bit of a tumble come Friday.

“While the temperatures are not too far off the seasonal average the fact we had the second coldest March since 1947 has created the perception the cold weather has gone on too long.

"Add to that the fact the ­temperatures will remain unsettled until at least the middle of May and people wonder what happened to spring but the truth is the unsettled weather is not that unusual for this time of year

Folk in the South making the most of the temperatures – for 48 hours at least – can look down their warmed-up noses at Californians who are having to make do with 19C.

But some might soon be sneezing through those same hooters as pollen levels are expected to shoot to their highest levels since 1962.

Peak levels normally occur in summer, but the bitter March delayed the start of the pollen season by a month meaning levels will soar from mid-May.

That’s bad news for hay fever sufferers.

In Scotland, locals today found themselves covered in sand for a second time.

Further ­sandstorms struck in Elgin, Moray, leaving farmers with tens of thousands of pounds worth of damage.

Residents have spent a week clearing up after strong winds created four-foot high drifts last Tuesday.

But the Sahara-style storms have swept in again causing misery for farmers. Some say they have lost half of their crops.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk-weathers-north-south-divide-temperatures-1847957#ixzz2RE4w2osP
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

....Sorry but sunny cheers Giggle

I want relocation up to the NE to be closer to my brothers and nephew...My partner has said that he could never move up to Newcastle because it's too cold up there!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Global warming? Empty Re: Global warming?

Post by Ali Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:46 am

Typical, I will be back at work on Wednesday and this weekend is my weekend off. Mad
Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:01 am

vills wrote:I'd find it cold if I ever moved back to England.

LOL

...Where are you living now then if you don't mind me asking Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:05 am

Ali wrote:Typical, I will be back at work on Wednesday and this weekend is my weekend off. Mad

I'm just going to be enjoying the sun....We had a fox in our garden earlier today and it was rolling around on our lawn...howling like they do at times!....It went to sleep for a while and i was just saying that it did indeed pick the right garden to have a snooze in roflmao

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:09 am

....Brazen it was...I was a little bit worried when one of my cats went out to investigate but it just ignored her!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:10 am

philagain wrote:
Ali wrote:Typical, I will be back at work on Wednesday and this weekend is my weekend off. Mad

I'm just going to be enjoying the sun....We had a fox in our garden earlier today and it was rolling around on our lawn...howling like they do at times!....It went to sleep for a while and i was just saying that it did indeed pick the right garden to have a snooze in roflmao

It's even more bloody typical because I work in a chilled environment. Seems whenever I'm on off days it's grim and when I'm in the sun comes out, bloody weather Mad
Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:10 am

philagain wrote:....Brazen it was...I was a little bit worried when one of my cats went out to investigate but it just ignored her!

Must have had a full belly. Bit worrying though that a so called wild animal would happily have a snooze in someones garden.
Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:11 am

Ali wrote:
philagain wrote:

It's even more bloody typical because I work in a chilled environment. Seems whenever I'm on off days it's grim and when I'm in the sun comes out, bloody weather Mad

...Sods bloody law ain't it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:13 am

Ali wrote:
philagain wrote:....Brazen it was...I was a little bit worried when one of my cats went out to investigate but it just ignored her!

Must have had a full belly. Bit worrying though that a so called wild animal would happily have a snooze in someones garden.

By observing it i think that it was a juvenile...Why would that be worrying?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:16 am

philagain wrote:
Ali wrote:

These urban foxes are begining to get a bit of a problem Phil. I'm not talking about these attacks on kids, if they really were foxes, but the rummaging in bins and the sheer numbers of them starting to appear.
Ali
Ali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:17 am

Cheyanne wrote:I am in the South East and although the weather has been great lately, I never take it for granted.
It changes so quickly!!

Exactly!

...We could be having hail stones next week!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:21 am

Ali wrote:
philagain wrote:
Ali wrote:

These urban foxes are begining to get a bit of a problem Phil. I'm not talking about these attacks on kids, if they really were foxes, but the rummaging in bins and the sheer numbers of them starting to appear.

I can't see a problem with them tbf...At my GP surgery they have them in the garden playing with their cubs..I find them fascinating to watch and the worst thing that they have ever done in my garden was to rip up the cable to the water feature....But that was my fault because i didn't secure the cable and bury it properly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:24 am

[quote="Cheyanne"]
philagain wrote:
Cheyanne wrote:I am in the South East and although the weather has been great lately, I never take it for granted.
It changes so quickly!!

Exactly!

...We could be having hail stones next week![/quote]

Now you've done it!!!! stap foot

Giggle

Normally happens when you have to go to the local shop to pick up a pint of milk! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:26 am

....Oh and they shit everywhere which isn't very nice to clean up when you are going to mow your lawn!

.....But hey ho! roflmao

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:56 am

vills wrote:
philagain wrote:
vills wrote:I'd find it cold if I ever moved back to England.

LOL

...Where are you living now then if you don't mind me asking Smile

I'm in Bordeaux Phil!

Btw, I read that Chav book last year. Good stuff, food for thought.

...Very beautiful place!

And Owen Jones is a legend IMO! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum